Friday, March 8, 2013

Dial Coconut Water Body Wash Product Review

I just want everyone to know that Dial provided me with a free sample of their NEW Dial Coconut Water Body Wash so that I could review it. My opinions expressed here are my own, though, and not influenced by the company in any way. Now onto the review!!!

NEW Dial Coconut Water Body Wash is the first of its kind to contain coconut water for clean, healthy, hydrated skin. Let the fresh hints of green, floral and coconut whisk your mind away to distant island shores without ever leaving the shower! Coconut water is found in young, green coconuts and known to be rich in antioxidants and electrolytes that provide replenishing hydration. A leading trend in the food and beverage category, coconut water is known as "super water" for its natural hydration and health benefits.

I am a body wash-aholic! I LOOOVE trying out new products, especially a scent that sounds new & different from other products currently on the market. I love the smell of coconut and it's something I buy frequently. (coconut scented liquid hand soap is a fave of mine!!) Based on the name alone (Coconut Water), I was thinking the product would smell somewhat tropical, maybe like a tropical coconut-filled rainforest? lol When the product arrived, I could see that it had a clear, see-through formula, not one that was opaque and creamy. Right away I was thinking that the product would smell fresh, clean, and maybe a little sweet. I opened the bottle and was pleased with the fragrance. I'll admit, it wasn't what I was expecting. It didn't have as much coconut smell as I thought it would but it was VERY fresh and clean smelling! If you are expecting something that smells SUPER coconuty like suntan lotion, you would be disappointed. It definitely isn't like that. I opt for fragrances that are either fresh or fruity. I'm not a big fan of floral scents. I liked the fragrance and couldn't wait to give it a try! I really liked all of the greens and blues on the bottle, too. They are attention grabbing and compliment the fragrance very well! Here's a picture of the bottle so you can see what I am referring to:



I have used the product several times since I received it and I am REALLY enjoying it! I will admit that the fragrance isn't what I expected. I guess when I saw the word "coconut", I immediately started thinking of something more along the lines of PURE coconut. (maybe more like a suntan lotion fragrance) I still love that it smells so crisp & refreshing yet at the same time, you still get frequent whiffs of the coconut. It is very invigorating. The body wash lathers up very well, too. I use a bath pouf and I loved that it wasn't overly thick but not too watery either. I would say that it was a little more foamy than creamy but this is perfect for me because it was so easy to rinse. Sometimes the thicker, creamier body washes leave a residue on your skin and it doesn't feel like it is rinsing off your skin completely. That wasn't the case with this product. It spread over my skin easily, rinsed completely, and left a nice, fresh scent on my skin afterwards. I think this product could be used by pretty much anyone in your household, too, since the fragrance isn't overly feminine or masculine. (and definitely not overly coconuty either) It's quite family friendly! I will definitely be buying this product again in the future. If you like coconut and opt for fresher smelling body washes, you will love this product. Two of my friends already bought it and are also enjoying it! My one friend told me that she bought the body wash for herself but her 13 year old daughter discovered it and loved it, too! :) If you happen to see it at the store, give it a try. The price is very reasonable. I think my friend said she bought it at Walmart for around $3 or less. She also mentioned a $1 off coupon floating around the internet so if you want to try the body wash, check online for the coupon first!

You can find this product at your local retailer where you normally buy Dial products. Learn more at dialsoap.com or check them out on Facebook at facebook.com/dial

DON'T FORGET! Sign up for the Dial Coconut Water Body Wash Sweepstakes where you can win $1,000 or a free bottle of Dial Coconut Water Body Wash. http://insiders.purex.com/healthier-skin?id=243

No comments:

Post a Comment