Sunday, March 10, 2013

Post Honey Bunches of Oats Tropical Blends Cereal Product Review



I just want everyone to know that Post provided me with a free sample of their Honey Bunches of Oats Tropical Blends cereal so that I could review it. My opinions expressed here are my own, though, and not influenced by the company in any way. With that said, let's get on to the review!

Take Your Tastebuds to the Tropics!

With 50 million smiles and counting, Honey Bunches of Oats is introducing a new way to smile. Crispy mango flavored flakes combine with real coconut shavings and coconut flavored granola clusters in NEW Honey Bunches of Oats Tropical Blends.

*10g of whole grain
*120 Calories
*6g of sugar (compared to Honey Nut Cheerios at 9g)
*9 essential vitamins & minerals including 60% daily value of Iron
*4 wholesome grains
*Heart healthy (0g trans fat, 0.5 g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol)
*WIC eligible



Okay, you know that it's healthy for you but WHAT ABOUT THE TASTE?! I wasn't sure how well I would like this cereal as I am not a huge fan of mango flavored products. They tend to taste very artificial. When I opened the box, it did smell very tropical and not sickening sweet which was a good thing. The cereal looked very appetizing and I was pleaantly surprised with how big the coconut shavings were. YUM! The texture was absolutely perfect and so crunchy! I did prefer the cereal plain over adding milk to it. The Silk Pure Almond milk that I buy is delicious but I just didn't care for it as much when combined with this cereal. I thought it made a yummy, healthy snack which is when I would most likely consume it. The overall flavor was good but I wouldn't say that it was one of my favorites. I loved the coconut flavor but the mango was just okay. (probably because I'm not a huge mango fan as it is) Would I buy this cereal again? Yes! I did think it made a good snack and I loved how tropical & unique it tasted. If you're a fan of Honey Bunches of Oats and/or tropical inspired products, give it a try. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. You can turn your breakfast meal or snack into a mini tropical getaway!! :)

You can find this product at your local retailer where you normally buy Honey Bunches of Oats products. For more information, check them out on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HoneyBunchesofOats

Thank you Post for giving me the opportunity to review this product! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment