Sunday, February 3, 2013

20 Mule Team Borax Product Review

Before I get into my review, I just want everyone to know that Borax provided a free box of their wonderful product so that I could review it. My opinions expressed here are my own, though, and not influenced by the company in any way. Now on to my review!

I will begin by saying that I had heard of Borax prior to being sent a box but never actually tried it. My Mom has been using it for YEARS and swears by it! She uses it in her wash but also said it works GREAT for keeping insects (mostly ants & roaches) out of her screened in porch. She just sprinkles a little around the doorway and ever since then, she hasn't had ONE insect in there. I will definitely have to try that when summer rolls around. During this test, I used it solely for the purpose of washing clothes. The box itself isn't overly fancy. It comes in a regular cardboard box. There isn't anything wrong with that but at first glance, it might be easy to overlook on the shelf at the store.



So what is Borax anyway?

~20 Mule Team Borax is 100% natural mineral from the earth. Once removed from the ground, it is washed, dried, and boxed for consumers.

~Borax is the common name for sodium tetraborate: a naturally occurring substance produced by the perpetual evaporation of seasonal lakes.

~Absolutely nothing is added. No phosphates, chlorine, or other additive chemicals.

What is hard water?

Over 85% of homes have what most people call "hard water." Hard water is defined as water that contains calcium and magnesium (ions). (just to note, we have hard water in our house!)

How does hard water affect laundry?

When you add detergent to hard water, some of the compounds attach to calcium and magnesium granules that settle on the bottom of your washing machine, eventually retreating down the drain without actually cleaning your clothes. What a waste of detergent!

20 Mule Team Borax naturally softens hard water!

20 Mule Team Borax naturally softens hard water, which protects your detergent - so it can maximize cleaning power.

Cleaner clothes than detergent alone

To boost your detergent, simply add 1/2 cup of 20 Mule Team Borax to every load, along with your regular detergent. (may I recommend Purex if you haven't tried it already?) ;)

You'll find that it naturally softens hard water and improves your detergent's cleaning power. It also helps keep stains from being redeposited back onto clothes

I had a great experience with the product. Since we have a problem with hard water in our house, I was excited to see if it would make any difference in our laundry. It really did! I added 1/2 cup of Borax to my laundry along with my Purex liquid laundry detergent. My clothes came out clean every wash and I was left feeling confident that the Borax was helping get my laundry cleaner than ever before! It might not be something that you can see on every load but you get that good feeling knowing that you are going that extra mile to get your laundry to look as good as it possibly can. You can buy this product at most stores and the price is VERY reasonable. If you haven't tried Borax yet, why not give it a try? You can search online for the MANY different uses this product has. It does a lot more than just softening your water to get your laundry cleaner.

For more information about Borax, where you can buy it, cleaning tips & and more, check out their homepage at www.20muleteamlaundry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment