Sunday, February 3, 2013

Emmy Rossum - Sentimental Journey Album Review



Before I listened to this album, I was only vaguely familiar with Emmy Rossum's music. What I did hear on the radio, I liked very much. I was excited to review her album and see what she had to offer. Before I begin, I want to let everyone know that I was sent a copy of this CD from One2One Network to give my honest review of it on my blog. All opinions here are still my own and not influenced by my campaign participation in any way. With that being said, let's get into the review! :)

Sentimental Journey, released on January 29th 2013, is a collection of classic covers that takes us through the American Songbook. On Sentimental Journey, the multi-talented actress and singer brings her stellar voice to songs popularized by some of the most beloved artists of the last century.

Emmy's 12-song 'passion project' is an emotional musical journey, with each song representing a month in the year. That was one thing that really inspired me about her album! "Each song needed to either lyrically or emotionally reflect the corresponding month," Emmy explained. "Some songs were obvious fits, like Summer Wind for June, and Pretty Paper for December. Other songs were less literal fits. I chose Nobody Knows You (When You're Down and Out) for September because, to me, the plaintive melody and lyric emotionally reflect the cold weather creeping in and the sense of melancholy we can get in the fall months."

Emmy Rossum is also an acclaimed actress who currently stars in the Showtime series Shameless with William H. Macy. She also stars alongside Emma Thompson and Viola Davis in the upcoming feature film Beautiful Creatures, which hits theaters on February 13th. That is one that I will definitely be seeing! :)

Here is the full track listing from the Sentimental Journey album:

1. Sentimental Journey
2. The Object Of My Affection
3. I m Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover
4. These Foolish Things (Remind Me Of You)
5. I ll Be With You In Apple Blossom Time
6. Summer Wind
7. Many Tears Ago
8. All I Do Is Dream Of You
9. Nobody Knows You When You re Down And Out
10. Autumn Leaves (Les Feuilles Mortes)
11. Things
12. Pretty Paper

I like the style of music in this album, especially the songs that seemed inspired by the 1920's. Emmy's rendition of Autumn Leaves is outstanding and definitely my favorite song on the album. I have listened to it many times! Emmy Rossum is a real talent and has a beautiful voice. I am definitely looking forward to more music from her in the future!

You can also check out Emmy's “These Foolish Things (Remind Me Of You)” Music Video at http://youtu.be/wS_NpTClXhA.

Follow her on Twitter at https://twitter.com/emmyrossum

No comments:

Post a Comment